Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

DRACULA to premiere soon!

Dracula, starring Claes Bang as the titular Count from Transylvania, is set to debut on Netflix courtesy of the BBC on January 4th ... and I cannot wait.  I've been staying away from reviews and spoilers, but it certainly sounds intriguing.  The novel is one of my favorites, which was why seeing my adaptation for the stage published last summer was such a big deal for me -- something I've dreamed of since childhood.  Dracula has been revived time and again, with occasional success, on the page, the stage, and on the screen.  I've collected a number of images to prepare for its American debut, and I must say, they are exciting.











I've read some reviews that there may be an explicitly queer side to this Dracula, which, as you can guess, won't upset me in the slightest.  







WANT WANT WANT WANT ... but so far this edition is only available in the UK.


And, of course, if you'd like to treat yourself to a copy of my adaptation for the stage, click here to pick up Laramie Dean's Dracula for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment